- Class begins at 8:40 a.m. We recommend that you arrive at school no later than 8:30 each day in order to be on time. If you are here early, a lounge area upstairs (room 404) opens at 7:30am each morning, and is supervised by Ms. Somji.
- Homeroom (first period) class lists will be posted outside the office on the first day. Find your name, and that will indicate your homeroom class and teacher. If you are unable to find your name on the lists, please inform the office.
- Be in your homeroom by 8:40 a.m. at the latest.
- A lot of things will be taking place during homeroom:
- Lockers will be assigned. NO, you may not switch lockers! If your locker is damaged, please see Ms. McDonald in the office for a new locker assignment.
- You will receive an updated timetable, and the structure of the school day will be explained to you.
- You will be called to an assembly with Mr. McCarthy, the high school Principal.
- The school day will end at 3:30 p.m., at which point you may go home. Optional tutorials (where you can get help with homework) take place in rooms 406, 407, 410, and 408 from 3:30 until 4:00 p.m.
- If you would like to remain at school for any reason, you may wait in the lounge (room 404), which closes at 5:30 p.m.
What to wear:
- Your Town Centre uniform. Grey pants / kilt, black leather shoes, gray socks, white buttoned shirt, tie, blazer. If you don’t yet have your uniform, you can buy it at InSchoolwear, located at 1550 16th Avenue. Telephone # (905) 737-1770.
- If you can’t get your full uniform in time for the first day of school, please wear as much of it as you can! No jeans / sweatpants – please look presentable.
What to bring:
- Binders with lined paper, pens, pencils … normal school supplies. Be prepared, because class work starts today!
- Textbooks. If you haven’t bought them yet, we normally deal with a store named Alpha Textbooks. A link to the bookstore can be found on our website: www.tcphs.com
- Bring a lunch. There are microwaves in the lounge, and a few vending machines if you’d like to buy a snack or a drink.
- Bring a combination lock for your locker – not one with a key!
Welcome to Town Centre!